spit six wheels

Please remind me/us of the setup. I think it is engine back? What rear suspension?

If the engine is back, the front spring requirement will be different to spitfire and GT6. Depending on use I would suggest something like 330lb springs, but if going to be track orientated strong would work better (but be aware of downsides)

I am guessing std swing spring rear? You may require a lowering block, but see haw it sits first once settled. NAd get good at doing wheel alignement.

As to wheel size, I am running 5 1/2J 14" wheels with 185/60 tyres. However I have the advantage of CV "rotoflex" set up so camber change is small compared to a swing-spring. A 60 profile tyre may be a bit low, and a 65 or 70 be better, in which case 13" wheels will be required. Things are never simple and lower profile tyres do not work well with non-rotoflex suspension.

Anyway, fire away if you have more questions etc.

Super Clive, yes i wan't more track oriented car, engine is back although i am just waiting to collect the gearbox next saturday so i am unsure as to how far back but i think most are six inches.

yes it is a standard swing spring adjustable arms to help in adjustments, wheel size would be good to go up to get bigger discs but if this creates issues with suspension then i will stick to 13" I will go to vented and i believe the Citroen saxo are good or with a little faffing capri, I just want to get things set or find issues before i buy things and find problems. I nearly have all my panels and engine parts to really move forward so thanks for all your help, wayne.

Capri discs are easiest, saxo have a worse offset and need centres boring out I think. But both need effort to get space between disc and TRE (I had my hubs machined to improve that, but pushes everything out a bit)However I did that all years ago, and details stored in my memory are a bit elusive now.

Both those fit under 13" wheels, and are the same size as GT6 discs but are vented. I used capri with spaced GT6 callipers and (currently) ds2500 pads although old asbestos pads had better bite from cold and had no issues on track.

The other thing to consider is tyre choice. There are plenty of 175/70 13 tyres about, but hardly any rated above T. Not sure what sort of power you are expecting, but that may be an issue if you hit the autobahns. Of course H rated are available in 60 profile 13 inch wheels, R888 etc which are super grippy but with short life. All that encouraged me to move to 14" wheels where there is a huge choice. But with the rear camber change it is a tricky one, and expensive to play with trying tyres out... They may work OK, and I am sure there are plenty of people who are happy with 14 and swingsprings.

superb thanks for the help, makes life easier when people have already tried things, I will go with the capri discs then I can mill my own spacers, I am not going too radical with power, a new cam and some porting, just decking the pistons and a little higher compression but I want the engine to last really, I will also make a stainless 6-3-1 to help, many regards and thanks again, wayne.