HOX416L

djb222

Rumaging around this afternoon Found the Reg number of a 1300 Mkiv I owned back in 1985/6. i have fond memories of that car. It was rear ended and I sold it for £50 thinking someone may restore it....I didn't have the skills at the time but a few years later I did restore a 1500. 

Any way I do know the car is still around but does anyone on here know of it's where about, I'd love to know what's happened to it in the ensuing years. It's Blue Reg HOX 416L 

Thanks..

DVLA site says the car is taxed until August 2019.

MOT details are interesting. First MOT in the new system shows MOT'd in 2009 then not again until 2015. Then another gap till  a fail and a pass in 2017. No change in mileage between 2015 and 2017. I would guess a change of ownership in 2015 and again in 2017. MOT ran out in April 2018, but being an L reg it could now be MOT exempt.

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I did check on the DVLA site.

I found an old wallet in the loft and on unfolding various bits of paper I found a notice from a police report from May '86 where I had reported a stolen Tax disc ( to stop me being fined while the replacement came through......which is how I found the reg number.

I was on the way to work one morning and had just got to the other side of a set of traffic lights when from behind a car had tried to beat the red light...rear ended the car behind me which went into me and pushed me into the car in front. It was a nightmare with insurance as we all had to claim off the car that went into the back of each car, even though one car caused all the damage.

The car was great fun..it was my 3rd car, the first being a Triumph TR7 coupe Auto and after the Blue mkiv Spitfire I bought a Spitfire 1500 which I stripped down and restored. I regret not buying that Mk3 GT6 oh well maybe soon. Just got to finish my Lotus Elan first.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2018 at 15:28, djb222 said:

rear ended the car behind me which went into me and pushed me into the car in front. It was a nightmare with insurance as we all had to claim off the car that went into the back of each car, even though one car caused all the damage.

Happened to my other half; even though she was parked and 40 miles away at the time! A car hit the rear of another car, which was pushed across the road and hit an oncoming car who tried to swerve out of the way and hit her parked car. It was as you say a nightmare to sort out, made worse by the fact that her renewal was heavily loaded due to this impending claim, and even when it was sorted we were still out over £800 through no fault of our own.