Dynax cavity waxes ?start stocking

docwad

? start stocking Dynax products

http://www.bilthambe...waxes/dynax-s50

having read the "rust protection for chassis" topic in the body work and fittings forum i went and bought some of the dynax 

Seem to do all what the others do(see there website ) but the aerosol cans and spray wand make application easy  and availability of a clear product also is useful too.

Highly recommended

i have no connection with the company for product just a satisfied user.

julian

• 2 weeks later...

I have started using Dynax after years of using Waxoyl, and find the large aerosol cans plus the long spray tube are really excellent in getting coverage deep into box sections like the sills and main chassis members.

Dynax came out well in a Practical Classics test. For me, the key point is getting good coverage - if you can get the spray into hidden areas, that is the most important thing.

• 2 weeks later...

While we obviously want to stock products that members want to buy, in the past we have stocked the Dinitrol range of cavity waxes and ended up selling them at a loss as no one was buying them, and they were competativly priced. So unfortunately I will need a bit more demand on this before we start stocking it. Happy to be proved wrong and  that there is a big demand though.

Just because we have tried something at HQ and found it to be a good product  (and with something like this it would be a year or so to trial it for it's protective qualities) does not mean other members will be buying it. This thread is the first and only request for these products.

Also it also depends on what trade terms we could get, quite a few companies offer such little discount we can't offer their products at the same price as they retail them for, so why would members pay more? We aim to be no more expensive on products for as large a percentage of our stock as possible, in a lot of cases we are cheaper than most.

We are open to all ideas for products to stock, and I am not trying to be negative, but we have to make sure that it is a practical proposition, we still have stock of items bought before I started in 2007 that have never sold!

I'd like to recommend / suggest looking at this product from Bilthamber:

http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning-and-degreasing/surfex-hd

It's a degreaser a bit like Gunk, but it's water based. I've found it pretty much as good as Gunk, but a gentle as using washing up liquid. You don't get the disgusting mess and it is safe with bare hands.

I cleaned the Herald engine with it on the drive (block paved) and it didn't leave a mess on the drive and washed away without trace :)

I support Juppy's point of view. There is no point in the Club Shop stocking generic items you can get at the same price / quality elsewhere. Particularly in these days of Internet shopping. Once you have the name of the recommended product, in this case Dynax, you can do the sourcing and ordering very easily.