replacing Triumph Herald carpets??

Michelle

Thanks

Martyn - were the set you got from Don Hoods a moulded set? They don't seem have pictures on their site.

Gary - that interior looks terrific. Did you fit any underlay beneath the moulded sets - or do they go straight in?

My "loose fit" current set has no underlay at the moment - so that's something else to consider (aswell as changing the  tunnel piece).

Richard

richard  thats awful   if it was the gear aperture the rear end would be all baggy , that looks a very wrong cut  for the tunnel tray

ived used loose fit and moulded over some years and its moulded for me ,underlay is essential with both, but moulded are on thick felt 

my vit6 in moulded   red 

vit6 may09 004.jpg

2 hours ago, RAW1969 said:

Thanks

Martyn - were the set you got from Don Hoods a moulded set? They don't seem have pictures on their site.

Gary - that interior looks terrific. Did you fit any underlay beneath the moulded sets - or do they go straight in?

My "loose fit" current set has no underlay at the moment - so that's something else to consider (aswell as changing the  tunnel piece).

Richard

Richard

I fitted underlay I got from an Auto-jumble meant for a modern Toyota, I also used bitumen type sound deadening glued to the floor in various places before fitting the underlay.

Another worthwhile modification to try and keep the car quieter and comfortable inside was fitting the same as the above to the outside of the Gearbox Cover and fitting heat reflective Type foil to the underside of the tunnel, it seemed to help a lot?

All the Interior was done using Newton Commercial trim and it did look like new when finished with the re-laquered Dash & Door capping's and refurbished instruments😊

I actually saw the car got and got chatting with the new owner Martin last August at the TSSC Stratford show and the car still looked great inside (the re-trim was done around 2005/6 during the cars rebuild)

MGF Seat where also fitted later using another re-trim kit off Newtons and these looked great too.

Cheers

Gary 

MGF Seats In a Vitesse.jpg