Engine ID Numbers

1904vitesse

Looking for information, I have been offered another vitesse but the engine ID number does not match the v5.

The number on the engine is a HC number so is a correct engine for the vitesse.

How would I change this on the v5 document as I cant prove when the change was done even though it is a correct

engine but from another car.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I THINK - think - there is a facility for correcting the details on the V5 on change of ownership; it’s been a while since I did this so others can correct as necessary but I think once you purchase the car and go to have it registered in your name you’ll be asked if all the details on the form are correct - by ticking the box ‘NO' and supplying the correct engine number the new form should arrive back with you with the correct engine number now amended. 

Yes - if the details are wrong there is a section on the V5C for you to make changes.

I had a similar problem with my car when I bought it because the engine no. and chassis no. had been transposed.

It took 3 attempts and explanatory letters and photos to DVLA before they managed to send me a V5C with the numbers the correct way round - and then they sent me 2! :rolleyes: