Passenger door handle push button

Chris A

Hi all, I need to consult the collective brain.

I have a small problem with the passenger door handle push button in so much as it comes out beyond its normal position. I doesn’t come off simply comes out of the handle, on the spindle but beyond its housing. To use it I have to turn the button so the groove lines up with the raised part. I now open the door from the inside.

I have looked at the parts diagram on the Canley site but can’t work out which bit actually holds the assembly in place to stop it coming to far forward. I could dismantle the door car etc to look and then try and order the required part but would prefer to do it only once. The car is used a lot at the moment so wouldn’t want to be driving with a missing door card etc.

I need/ want to order new brake caliper pistons so will add the door handle part to the same order. The new pistons are to cure a sticking brake. Earlier this week it was a serious problem while out for a 160 kilometer run.

Thanks for the replies that I am sure will arrive in less time than it take for oil pressure to build up in a cold engine

the push button is retained by a washer under the tappet screw that adjusts the button free play between the inside lock operating lever 

if the washer degrades the button will try to escape   its just a washer nothing special  its a door card off job and limited access but quite do able  with sticky plasters ready

pete