GT6 Mk2 Dashboard top

rulloyd

Hi all

Looking for a GT6 Mk2 dash top (the plastic bit under the windscreen I mean) that I can re-cover for my renovation please.  Mine is 95% beyond recovery having wrecked it myself already (long story).

I've tried Spitfire graveyard, spitzbitz, ebay (been looking for ages) but nothing.  Perhaps some kind, sympathetic fellow Triumph enthusiast has one they would be prepared to part with to help me bring another GT6 back to life? 😉😉  Or any other ideas?

The GT6 Mk2 dash is different from the Mk3 dash top (which can be bought new) which is chamfered on the windscreen side (as are Mk4 spitfires on).  The Mk3 spitfire (which you may assume would fit) mounts completely differently also, so it has to be off a Mk2 GT6 or GT6+.

Many thanks for any help.

(Desperate) Rich

• 5 months later...

In the end I was very lucky to find a Mk2 dashtop on ebay.  It had been badly covered and when I took off teh cover I could see why.  Somebody had screwed gadgets to the dash leaving holes and dents all over it.

I carefully filled it using filler madefor plastic (yes, you should not use normal car body filler) and goyt it back in good shape.  Then I covered it in leather.  So pleased with the result, it looks REALLY good if I do say so myself.  Anyone who wants any tips please contact me.

IMG_2912.JPG.c8bfd5520acb221bbff25e9c3ff6f877.JPG