Engine Tuning

ClairBoo

Hi

Does anyone know of a garage/person who could tune my Spitfire in Bristol?

I got her through the MOT but she is running like a pig (having been off road for 18 months, not surprising).

I'm rubbish at it and the place that I used to go to, has closed.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Clair

Hi Clare

I live in Bristol, though tend to do all my own stuff, so no first hand experience of others.

If it was running ok before lay up, then I would have thought it would not be so much a tuning issue (as settings of carbs/Igniton would not change). It could be something like dirty fuel filter/ carb/s, deteriated carb diaphram etc.

There was an older guy working on classic cars at a quirky little garage in Frenchay villiage who I chatted to a bit back, he works part time now (haven't got his no to hand, though may be able to finf it if you want).

Also EH Motors, near Redland, apparantly work on classics.

Cheers

Dave

If you fancy a run out to Backwell near Clevedon south of Bristol there's a good classic car restorer/repairer called Classic Car Restorations run by Ian tel 01275 463489 you could give him a call. I have used him quiet a bit over the last twelve months including setting up my Spitfire 1500 after I upgraded the carb jets and springs following mild tuning works and conversion to unleaded, nice guy, might be a bit far out for you though.