1966 Vitesse Convertable Chrome Side Mouldings-Rear

martyn wright

Hi All!  I was looking at the "Canley Classics" Web Site Page and it shows the 1600 Vitesse Convertible with 2 x Long Chrome Mouldings and 1x Rear Short Moulding (613141).  On my Vitesse which was built on 12 July 1966,  I have 3 x Long Chrome Mouldings?  The picture below it shows a "Saloon" with the 3 x Long Mouldings (806995)?  As my vehicle is coming up to the last of the 1600s built did they change to the Rear Long Mouldings as on the Mk2?  Cheers Martyn

Can you link to the photos? I'm not sure which ones you mean but the Herald had three mouldings each side: front wing, door and rear wing, with the rear wing moulding finishing in front of the fuel filler, and the same length on both sides.

The Vitesse had one longer rear moulding, right to the end of the wing, on the driver's side (UK) listed as 806995 and a two-piece setup on the passenger side, a shorter one from the b-post to the filler neck and one behind the fuel filler, the shorter end piece being 613141. There's no room for a single long piece on the passenger side as it can't bypass the fuel filler, so it's confusing me that you have three long mouldings? 

Hi All,  Just gone and checked what side mouldings I had and found a total of 11 sides and of which I think 3 are not triumph but am missing 1 x Short and 1 x Front Moulding?  As it was just went on ebay and purchased a complete 3 piece "Fuel Pipe" side for £30 from Spitfire Graveyard!  I'm Happy Now.