1968 Vitesse 2 Litre Mk1 interior colour spec

SixasStandard

The commission plate says '16' for trim, which is 'Midnight Blue', so surprisingly this is all original, except for the front seats covers...…..which according to some paperwork I've found in the history file were replaced by a previous owner with new items from Newton Commercial. Interestingly the car is a Mk1, but the seats are Mk2, explained in the history file correspondence between the PO (only the second owner of the car) and Newton Commercial as being due to a transition period in 1968 when both types of seats were being installed at the factory. The PO ordered Mk1 covers, then discovered the anomaly and a very understanding Newton Commercial agreed to swap them for Mk2 without charge!!

This complicates matters for me though...….as I now have to get my black MGF seats recovered to match the rest of the interior if I want to keep it the OE colour. Money wise this will be relatively cost neutral, as the alternative is to replace all of the other interior trim with black to match the MGF seats...……...so six of one...…..half a dozen of the other!!

Ian 

2 hours ago, SixasStandard said:

The commission plate says '16' for trim, which is 'Midnight Blue', so surprisingly this is all original, except for the front seats covers...…..which according to some paperwork I've found in the history file were replaced by a previous owner with new items from Newton Commercial. Interestingly the car is a Mk1, but the seats are Mk2

Ok so I was close!! Nice to see they're meant to be that colour. I've replaced the seats in my 1200 estate with 13/60 versions; same colour but more padding..