Noobie Here!

JackoCola

Hi guys! Just signed up to the forums and was hoping to get some help! I am interested in buying a Herald 13/60 or a Vitesse and was wondering if it was possible to test drives someones? Just take it up and down the road just to see what it is like before I sell my mini to try and get one! I'm based in Bridgwater, Somerset but don't mind a little travel  :D  Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Jack

as you can see from the profile pic i have a gt6 mk1

i now have a 2.5 mk2 pi saloon  what different cars, both is size and ride quality

the GT6 was built as a more luxury spitfire with more power and comfort but the PI is a different class altogether.

If your after 2 seat fun, go GT6 if after family space comfort quietness  smoothness  go big 6.

i now have a harem of 2  i fear one may start misbehaving through neglect 

Hello Jack!

Welcome to the forum, and good choice of car! I have a 13/60 Saloon and a Vitesse Convertible and they are both great cars, with their own pros and cons. The Vitesse will definitely put a smile on your face when you drive it and you hear and feel the six cylinder engine. However, the Strombergs might require some fiddling and two of them will not give you twice the problems, it will multiply a lot more… The simplicity of the Herald is great, it have better fuel economy, cheaper parts, more spare parts available etc. I live on The Aaland Island so unfortunately I can’t offer test driving, unless you are willing to travel! :)

Cheers,

Roger.

as you can see from the profile pic i have a gt6 mk1

i now have a 2.5 mk2 pi saloon  what different cars, both is size and ride quality

the GT6 was built as a more luxury spitfire with more power and comfort but the PI is a different class altogether.

If your after 2 seat fun, go GT6 if after family space comfort quietness  smoothness  go big 6.

i now have a harem of 2  i fear one may start misbehaving through neglect 

I think the OP wanted either a Herald or Vitesse? Nice though the GT6 may be and practical as the 2.5 saloon is, they’re totally unlike the Herald or Vitesse in either drive quality or owner experience. I think Mike’s answer is the most sensible; go to the show and see how it actually feels to sit in one. Personally I love the Herald for the simplicity of maintenance and the unique driving experience.. good basic motoring.