herald 13/60 fitting rear valance

Shaf

Hi all,

Help required, I'm trying to fit rear passenger side valance, I think I have have to remove the petrol tank to locate the nuts to remove old one, here in lies my problem, I cannot get the tank out especially if I try and pull the tank up in the boot to clear the drain plug, do I need to remove drain plug? I don't want to as I know they can be awkward and leak. Any tips welcomed. 

Thanks

Shaf

There is probably a knack, but every one I have done I just keep wiggling and them miraculously it is free, but you don't notice exactly what you did. 

I would avoid touching the drain plug, or even knocking it too much. But the new tanks available don't have a drain plug, and that makes fitting a doddle. 

15 minutes ago, Shaf said:

Thanks , managed to do it, but fuel metal pipe rusty and sprang a leak, took the boot off to gain more wiggle room. Now to find a new pipe. 

Thanks

Shaf

Do yourself a favour, Check under the car, and if that is all steel fuel pipe, consider re-piping. I have used 6mm copper tube, comes in a roll, and quite cheap. And replace the rubber hoses with proper R9 hose (club shop, motorsport suppliers but do not use any ebay/amazon supplier)