Siemens PLC Car Project.

SpitFire6

Hi,

Gave up downloading its only new hardware. Yes, all the quality & the same format icons are at some cost. Not important now.
Cold boot time will be interesting for stuff around the four corners. Maybe Hazard lights must be manually enabled and not thru a CPU?

Cheers,

Iain.

PLC Powered and scanning permanently is 17 Watt plus loads. Remote a lot more even at idle.
Battery power @ 24V would be great. 60 AHr of LiFePO4 would be good for a day.
Then the 3 to 4 second PLC boot time would never be a concern. HMI takes several seconds before the home screen is displayed.

Major disadvantage compared to micros. One of many.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Really not good I need PLC On for all indicator lamps to also be controlled from auxiliary equipment.
More wires. PLC's reduce wiring. I thought I had an abundance of physical io. 80 is not enough. 24 of local Digital Inputs is not enough.
PLC running all the time would be perfect. I think a LiFePO4 battery could coexist with the Standard battery?
Lots of voltage conversions required at different frequencies is not helpful. Most quality "Bulbs" working at 24VDC is a bonus.
Software not a problem at this level.
Cheers,

Iain.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Where to fit it under the dash.

Side of battery box? Bottom of battery box already has ECU.

Any space on the driver's side?

I guess no space centre?

I don't have the car to check.

It has to fit under the dash. No point in fitting it elsewhere as I have IP68 IO modules for these places. Namely Boot, firewall & front of the car.

Cheers,

Iain.

IMG_2759.JPG