Stromberg CD150S

Robin

more advice needed...
I’ve got a spare set of CD150S carbs that I’d like to refurbish. I checked the stamp on the needle of one of the carbs and it reads 6AC - is that the correct needle for a standard Mk2 vitesse engine? I undid the piston grub screw on the second carb but the needle simple won’t budge - even with quite a lot of force. I’m going to replace the needle anyway so don’t mind damaging it but are there any tips on how to get it out? Thanks

4 minutes ago, Iain T said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/XbnVTzkGdbJur4Sd6

If it works this shows the difference between 6AC and 6AG. The AG is slightly thicker so a leaner needle. Burlen sell needles and obviously they should be the same spec front and back. 

Iain 

So if both carbs have different needles presumably this would make balancing them harder?

sorry should have looked at them last week when we twiddled them 

yes odd needle is not a good start 

you should be able to swap/replace needles the mixture adjustment we set will stay the same as the idle size of the needle at idle is same on all needles 

so change pop it all back  watch out for the diaphragm lugs  and see how she goes 

Pete

12 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

sorry should have looked at them last week when we twiddled them 

yes odd needle is not a good start 

you should be able to swap/replace needles the mixture adjustment we set will stay the same as the idle size of the needle at idle is same on all needles 

so change pop it all back  watch out for the diaphragm lugs  and see how she goes 

Pete

Hi Pete - the CD150S are a spare set, not the ones you helped set up.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

this just links the front choke to the rear carb  suggest you  use any decent fuel hose 

the original was a often a clear tube , but some 1/4" R 9  will be fine 

Pete

Great - thanks Pete