headlight problems vitesse mark 2 1970

Amanda

Hi All
Can someone please help me with a problem I have with my headlights
have rebuilt the front end and now appear to have side lights and flasher but not dipped , beam or main beam lights
have checked wiring but still dont appear to have anything . have also checked the pull switch which appears to be ok also

any suggestions would be very much appreciated as now pulling hair out

thanks

Amanda

Edited by Amanda
missed car tyoe

good. the wiring is quite simple the dash switch feeds the column stalk , this seperates dip or main , theres a good bunch of bullets just below the dash/column so a loose here dumps the feed or the two supplies down to the front grill where lh rh splits out , as said another  common point is the Hlamp earthing 

you have put the plugs on the bulbs  ???  

what was removed on the rebuild ??

pete

Sorry pete
the head lights work when I use the flasher side of the arm (they flash on and off) so I know that they are earthed
but I have no power from the column switch to the harness IE:- blue & white / Blue and red coming out of the column stalk

thanks

begins to sound like the main switch or is feed to column has failed ,the flash supply is separate  not from the dash switch not looked but thats off the mauve

the contacts in the column switch can fail worth popping the cover off and have a look 

do check the few fuses are clean and sound 

pete

I would try changing the flash feed to the column switch feed and see if the lights work as you say the flash works. If so suspect dash switch or supply if not suspect column switch.

That is what I would try, a meter can show a good reading then drop to zero when a load is applied.

Regards

Paul

thats good so we have power up to the column then  nothing

sounds like the column switch needs a careful look see , is the sweep contact mating with the rivet heads ok ,  if its got hot the rivets sink 

one reason to dream about fitting relays to drop the loads , a job for the wish list ,  need to find the culprit of todays grief 

can you jump a wire from the last good feed to the blue red  at the col switch  does this light the dip ??? if it does the switch is the problem 

Pete