Gate Barricade Ethanol resistant hose - internal diameter

rulloyd

Out of interest, I see the internal diameter of the Gates Barricade R9 hose (from Moss or TSSC) is 6.4mm when 1/4 pipe is 6.35mm.  Obviously it makes better sense for the rubber pipe to be smaller in diameter (Codan recommend .4mm).  I realise the measurements are tiny but is it a good idea to use hose that is even fractionally larger than the pipe?   Obviousy hose clips solve the issue but interested in any thoughts.

Anyone any experience of the Moss or TSSC 1/4 & 5/16? Interested that they don't quote the Gates Barricade part number anywhere (which is 4219-5521 (1/4") and 4219-5522 (5/16") for the record) so I'm trusting it's the real thing?! (I'll call them to check).

I'm talking non injection hose.

Some good information here regarding R9 hose btw:  http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/fuelhose.htm

Thanks

Rich

If the hose ID is smaller than the pipe's OD then you need to stretch it to get it on at all, which increases the risk of rubber slivers being cut, for no discernible benefit. The tiny amount of hold that it will generate without a clip isn't going to be enough to use it like that and the clip will do the job as you say.