THROTTLE LINKAGE

Paul Amey

HELP!

Some while ago I removed all the pedal assembly's from my Vitesse mk1 for refurbishment. Today I decided to put them all back on again. But I cannot for the life of me remember how the throttle linkage is routed. Every way I tried seemed to fowl on either the clutch pedal or the brake pedal. If any nice person with a Vitesse or I suppose a Herald could get a clear photo of their throttle linkage around the brake and clutch pedal area I would be ever so grateful. The manuals show the linkage but not with the other pedals insitue.

Paul

fitting SU is going to give you some headaches 

ive had a few SU'd  vitesses locally  which were awful and revert to strombergs and all  preformed as they should 

firstly the manifolds are not intechangeable or the air filters and then what  linkage ??  heading for a nightmare and a drop in performance 

as the stroms are better design 

you will need pancake filters so you then have underbonnet heat problems with the mixture 

dont do it 

Pete

my Vit6 had the rod arrangement but i dont have any pictures 

i remember making the grommet for the hole in the side of the tunnel from a split heater hose 

but just how the shaft routes behind the clutch and brake   sorry its long gone from the grey matter 

does this help  https://www.canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-vitesse&diagram=triumph-vitesse-accelerator-late-1600-and-early-2-litre