Fergie

One of our club members has recently moved house from Brisbane city to a small holding in the hinterland NE of the city, the property has a beautiful Queenslander homestead on it, on stilts to get the cooling breeze underneath, but more importantly plenty of shed space for his concour pale blue 2000 Estate Mk1, which he rebuilt with his dad nearly 30 years ago, he also has a Stag under restoration & a new Trumpie a default TR3? a little grey Fergie tractor well now red and gold but originally grey and gold. It's a 57 Te37, and it's the workhorse around the property, he loves it.

Also in the same area is another Estate a 2000 Mk2 an immigrant from another club member here in Melb, who unfortunately died and I sold the unfinished restoration (all painted needed assembly) to a Queensland TSOA member who drove the near 4500klm return trip to pick it up!

Wonder how the dog;s coping with the conversion from city to bush life!

Fergie 1 s.JPG

Fergie 2 s.JPG

6 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Wonder how the dog;s coping with the conversion from city to bush life!

And hopefully. Learning to Identify the increased number of lethal species?. Out Grandson moved out of his in`law`s in town to the remote(er) suburbs, and lost one of his dogs to a snake bite.

Pete

You hear more cat and dog deaths from Ticks than snakes, fortunately you have to get to the warmer climes of Sydney and above to be troubled by them.

We live 25klm from the centre of Melb & have lived for 42 years in the middle of a private 18 hole golf course and back onto a reserve and I've never seen a snake here, but there  there!

by comparison the son lives only 4klm away and backs onto an old farm that is being developed into housing, last summer he had 2 copper heads visit his backyard, one biggin and one youngen, his chook wasn't concerned about them, he now has snake proof wire fencing nailed to his perimeter fencing and embedded into the ground, the youngen snake came slithering up his 100 foot driveway, and when he opened the car door is scarpered into his neighbours at the front no snake proof mesh there, adjacent the main road, it was never found!!! 

Being in charge of our water supply catchments when in the bush I ALWAYS kept my car doors closed, I was not taking any unexpected passengers home!! 

I remember a report once in Canberra that the Gov Generals Roller had a snake in the engine compartment once, it was just after the Queen had toured!

You sometimes hear of a house ceiling collapsing in northern Queensland from the weight of a python who's residing up there!

40 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

fortunately you have to get to the warmer climes of Sydney and above to be troubled by them.

Dan Lives outside of Gosford. To the North, but they are quite close to the "bush" as I understand it?. Never been, would love to go, if only to see the Great Granddaughter (3) for the first time.

Pete