Spitfire Mark III Stock Dash Layout

northernbrowns

Here's a mk3 on Ebay which looks pretty standard? The piece to the right of your steering wheel is an addition, to accommodate extra gauge, I would guess the pressure gauge is being used for oil pressure, but a max of 25 is a bit low. You have extra lights on the centre console, other than that it looks pretty standard.

spit3.PNG.47e6da206f26d84113441e38ddf8fb1c.PNG

Doug

Ah, right.

The centre dash panel - the "original" - has had four extra lamps and one switch added. I don't know what any of them are likely to be - are you wanting to remove them?

Below that, where the surround has been re-trimmed (too poncy for my liking - I prefer the original black - but that's entirely personal taste) there is a button missing below the rev counter. That would originally have been a manual pump plunger for the screen wash.

The panel with the clock looks to have been glued on the front of the H-frame, rather than replacing it completely. The frame may well have been butchered, though. I have a spare one in the loft - complete with the pads on the sides - if you're looking to buy one, although I think they're available S/H from several of the usual suppliers too. The original finish on that was black wrinkle paint.

The panel to the right, above the column, you'd need to investigate how it's fixed. The parcel shelf on that side is a MkIV one, which probably means you're missing a couple of bits of metalwork to fill above and to the left of the column, if you want to revert to standard. I suspect the pressure gauge is an "economy" one - manifold vacuum. Full vacuum is 29 inches of mercury.