Someone wanted an autobox?

JohnD

Over on the TSSC Facebook page, there was a post from someone who wanted an automatic gearbox, as their partner was happier with one of those thatn a floor stirrer.

I have a Borg Warner 35 from a Triumph six-cylinder, complete with the bell housing, torque converter and flywheel, all cable and connectors.    Please see: http://ebay.us/NqBurl?cmpnId=5338273189

John

Mathew,

Yes I did!    I got mush advice, from 'hit it harder', to 'weld a pull hammer onto it'.      But the best advice (thank you, Nick Jones!) was to look inside the  hole in the flywheel hub, that takes the spigot of the Torque converter, that is about half an inch in diameter.    There is another bore at the base of that hole, threaded to take a 5/16 bolt, that screwed in will push off the flywheel from the crank shaft.      BUT, tha hole so deep that a 3" bolt with 2" of thread is needed!   Well lubricated, I used copperease on the jacking bolt, the fly wheel came off easily.

It's not what you know, it's the way you hand it out.  I owe Nick a drink!

John

PS Andy Flexney?    He's not on here under that name.    Please point him to this thread? J.