Herald 13/60 exhaust manifold options

Colin Lindsay

I know from a quick visual inspection that the cast-iron exhaust manifold on my 13/60 has had the studs removed and replaced with bolts / nuts. I was going to source another until I remembered tubular manifolds, and I've checked out a few of the main suppliers this morning but all those I've seen so far seem to either point me towards a dual-silencer system or else a wide bore pipe and semi-sports system, which I don't want, or else are for twin-carb setups. Any suggestions or options regarding a simple replacement system that preferably fits the existing main pipe and inlet manifold, and doesn't require an entire replacement setup front to rear? I have some great manifolds for the 1200 so there must be an equivalent for the 13/60? Thoughts, guys?

On 24/12/2021 at 16:31, clive said:

The 4 branch manifold will be a bigger bore. Yu could fit a mk2 vitesse system, or even a reducer to fit a std 13/60 system. 

But in all hinesty, just use the cast manifold. Nuts and bolts work just fine, or source another with good studs?

That looks like the best option. Now I'll have to find one... loads of 1200s on eBay but I just know that when I find a 13/60 version, the postage will be a killer.