She has oil at the top

ahebron

Since I got my Vitesse engine running two years ago it has been in the back of my mind that I didnt see any oil coming out of the rocker shaft.
Today after fitting new wheel studs into three hubs I thought what do I do after lunch.
Remove the rocker shaft and have a wee look at what could be wrong was what I did after lunch.
When I undid the pedestals oil drained out of them which was reassuring as it meant oil was getting to the shaft.
My rocker shaft was a hotch potch of Mk1 and Mk2 components so 2 years ago I made up one from matching rockers, pedestals and various other shafts I had about so I could get the car running and I used copious quantities of engine assembly lube on the shaft. 
When I put the shaft back on the engine today and started the car oil began to drip from the rockers which was a reassuring sight and one thing less to worry about.
Even with the tappets correctly gapped this engine is very quiet, it almost purrs!.
Maybe there is still a bit too much engine assembly grease in it still but better to be safe than sorry.

I am thinking I should be prepping the car to be driven but I need to hook up the petrol tank first. 

early  Vit6  learning  hic up,  we had to mix and match /modify when finding the refurbed rocker assy was MK2  being longer than Mk1/1600 and has very differing pedestals and end caps etc

to make it  fit a mk1/1600 rocker cover ( being shorter)

pleased you found some oil   

Pete