Maximum speeds in intermediary gears Herald 13/60

Chris A

I fitted a digital electronic rev counter that takes its feed from a wire wrapped around plug lead 1 on a vintage car with a very bouncy tacho. They are made for small engines and run a onboard battery and have an run time hour clock as well. Similar to this one 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402829208695?hash=item5dca7dec77:g:GYMAAOSwOydglNK
Also got a digital GPS speedo on the dash as well.
Will get the original instruments sorted in due time but these do the job for now

3 hours ago, ahebron said:

I fitted a digital electronic rev counter that takes its feed from a wire wrapped around plug lead 1 on a vintage car with a very bouncy tacho. They are made for small engines and run a onboard battery and have an run time hour clock as well. Similar to this one 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402829208695?hash=item5dca7dec77:g:GYMAAOSwOydglNK
Also got a digital GPS speedo on the dash as well.
Will get the original instruments sorted in due time but these do the job for now

I've seen ads for this type of thing, cheap & easy to fit. I had doubts about some versions as they seemed more suitable to engines that maintained a relatively stable speed.

10 hours ago, Chris A said:

I've seen ads for this type of thing, cheap & easy to fit. I had doubts about some versions as they seemed more suitable to engines that maintained a relatively stable speed.

Admittedly the first one I used was on a Honda EU generator but that one had an unreplaceable battery so went in the bin after the battery died.
The one fitted to the car is fine and gives me engine speed changes as they happen but not as good a sweeping needle.
Cheap, cheerful and do the job with simple installation.