Falken SN832 tyres

I had to change the tyres on my Vitesse as they were over 10 years old and the nearside front had cracks in the sidewall. I chose Falken SN832 175/70R13 and are a great ride improvement over the old Nexen tyres. The sidewall must be more compliant as they seem to soak up the bumps and cracks in the road. They respond well to change of direction and supposed to be good in the wet. 

Early days but highly recommended. I bought them off Blackcircles website at a much better price than ATS who fitted them. 

Iain 

At anything over 5 to 7 years, the sidewalls will have started to stiffen, more especially if they are not used regularly. Something to do with the plasticisers/polymers in the tyre mix?, breaking down or something. I replaced less than half worn tyres on the camper van, for similar reasons, @ £130 a wheel. Lockdown has done no favours either with enforced imobility. The "spare" had never been on the `van and was as bad!.

Pete

The 4 tyres cost £260 fitted and balanced. Cheaper tyre options are available........... I've never had cracked sidewall in a tyre before. 

I fitted Falken on a 1958 Alfa I had and they worked well on that car. 

Iain 

The SN832 do have a pretty soft sidewall.  Tread is pretty soft too. They are outstanding in the wet. Bit wriggly and skippy in the dry when really pressing on (track, not Road!!) but that resolved when half worn.

Great budget tyre. I’m determined to wear mine out before they go old & hard 😀

11 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

. I’m determined to wear mine out before they go old & hard

I need to try harder, the Nexen still had 6-7mm of thread! 

Did you take your shocks up a notch with the Falken? 

Iain