Bond Equipe/Vitesse Gearbox.

Fadger

Help: I recently purchased an engine, gearbox and a diff that was fitted to a Bond Equipe 2L. If I change the bell housing on the gearbox, will it be suitable for my Vitesse 2L? Does anyone know where I can find the Identification number on the Bond gearbox? 

Many thanks

yes all our gearbox numbers are stamped on the top face of the case at a point where there is a flat face alongside the top cover 

agree the 2 ltr 6cyl  Bonds had the  same engine clutch hsg and gearbox as the vitesse/gt6 ranges 

there is nothing you need to change ,  gearbox couplings can vary 

Pete

thats a big box from a sprint  with the up facing throw out lever   (2000/25000 /TR6  have down facing all changeables )

its not a normal 3rail   you cant change the clutch hsg its intergral with the this  box   and probably from an inclined engine so not a straight swap in any upright 6cyl 

its certainly not a normal bond fitted unit  someone has upgraded the transmission  or done a good deal of work to make the conversion fit 

im sure it was never a bond  option ,  the gearbox serial is stamped on the boss for the throw out shaft pivot bushes 

Pete

• Like 1

T2000 box with sprint cross shaft so it fits (sort of) in a small chassis car. 

Lots of work to make that fit, swap engine backplate, shorter propshaft, new mountings etc. Maybe worth it if it were overdrive.

Oh, and it has a rubbish first gear....