Brian SCULPHER

Brian Sculpher

Has any encountered a problem engaging reverse (Triumph TR6 J type overdrive gearbox). 
All the forward gears work as they should apart from crashing into reverse.

I have currently drained the gearbox/overdrive (oil was black) and cleaned the filters before refilling with EP80/90. 
There was no difference at all - I understand there could be a mesh alignment issue engaging a non synchro gear by means of engaging first prior to attempting to get reverse. The fork which attaches to the clutch thrust bar is set at the bottom joint, the clutch bite is certainly not high quite low in effect.

Has anyone else had a similar problem - before this issue occurred I merely slapped the gearstick across and reverse engaged easily.

With thanks

Brian

Briann nip into edit and change the title to the fault  you will get a better response 

edit  is in the 3 dots tothe top right of your first post 

if its failed some suppliers sell a uprated dowel bolt 

it can  fracture and still give some movement but the loss gives you the drag Rob mentions  its unlikey to fail completely  

you say you have moved the pin to the shrter position  thats indicating towards the dowel has given up reducing the operation of the external lever 

Pete