Herald 13/60 Heater removal

Pdv

Hi All,

The service manual says remove cables etc and the nuts from under the unit and remove.

Simple? I have removed one in the past and found it difficult to remove but easy to refit,  such that I wondered what I  was having all the trouble with.

Well here I am again having difficulty removing one.

Is there a simple technique to it please.

Thanks

Steve 

Two nuts underneath and one screw on top. Pull forward to clear the hole in the bulkhead, then pull upwards. Might be easier to remove the lower distribution flap assembly completely first.

Sometimes, too, the gaskets can stick the heater to the bulkhead but a little bit of firm pressure helps.

Hi Colin,

Done all that and it is free to move.

I can't seem to be able to move it forward enough to even be able to lift the threads clear.

This is one I have removed before and it was easy to do ie threads in lower gently and then ease the heater through the hole.

Try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Steve 

Hi All,

Well managed to remove the heater box and it was with the help of a piece of 2x1 piece of wood.

I managed to get the wood between the heater and the bulkhead and lever the round air outlet away from the bulkhead, it wasn't held by much but would not have been at all easy without the leverage.

Getting it back is easy as I said in my original post as all that is needed is gently  pushing down on the air outlet to help it into the hole.

Thanks for the replies,

Steve