Herald Front Coil Springs - To Keep Originals or Replace?

I'm fitting new dampers to my front suspension.

My car still has its original coil springs which appear nice and straight and in good condition, the ride height looks and measures ok too.

Is there any good reason why I should replace these 60yr old springs with new from a reputable parts dealer, rather then blasting/painting and refitting them to my new dampers?

I am not looking for any change in handling, just want a nice comfortable ride.

Thanks
Jon

• Jon J 1250 changed the title to Herald Front Coil Springs - To Keep Originals or Replace?
50 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

be careful of blasting springs you can set up a fracture start point  

a good clean and sinple paint is my thoughts 

nothing wrong with old springs  they measure correct  ..so keep them 

aftermarket copies can lead to a headache 

Pete

Thanks Pete

I hadn't considered the potential effect of blasting, they are not heavily rusted so a light wire brushing and even dipping in vinegar may be the answer before painting.
I was concerned that new replacements may be problematic, I certainly dont want a harsher ride or incorrect ride height.

My rear spring has sagged an inch or so from spec, but I'm ok with that as it helps the camber and cornering ability.

Jon

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

you can also improve the rear camber by adding a lowering block to the top of the diff

youres may be lower if the spring pad buttonts have worn down   they are available from most suppliers 

Pete

Yes, that is very likely (the rubber buttons), I plan to take a closer look at the spring when I need access to the tunnel across the back of the car to clean and repaint the underside.
Do you have any view on the relative merits of wrapping the rear spring in tape?

Jon

When I first got my car I discovered the rear spring broken and the front pair 2" shorter than they started life, all due to the PO towing a humongous boat. 40 years later MOT man said "front springs VERY rusty. " So clean 'em up and repaint? Looked up the price of new ones and remarkably cheap, so got new.

Doug