Triumph 2000 auto box

Woody2000

Hi I have a triumph 2000 1973 all sorted on idle set up etc but when it’s put into drive  the auto box has a large drag effect and brings the idle revs down as a result idle twicked up to help means in natural idles at 1500 rpm 

Is there adjustment on the box can’t see it in the manual or would a oil change again help or is there additive I could try 

1 hour ago, Woody2000 said:

Hi I have a triumph 2000 1973 all sorted on idle set up etc but when it’s put into drive  the auto box has a large drag effect and brings the idle revs down as a result idle twicked up to help means in natural idles at 1500 rpm 

Is there adjustment on the box can’t see it in the manual or would a oil change again help or is there additive I could try 

Most Autos had a link to the throttle that opened a tad when engaging gear. You had to set the idle in neutral and again in drive so that it held on an upward slope with the handbrake off. Many ran their feet over, or worse, when trying to do it alone. Never try.

12 hours ago, Wagger said:

Most Autos had a link to the throttle that opened a tad when engaging gear. You had to set the idle in neutral and again in drive so that it held on an upward slope with the handbrake off. Many ran their feet over, or worse, when trying to do it alone. Never try.