Metering Unit TR6

Corco

If you need to bleed the air from the injector lines, then I find this device useful:

injectortestrack1.jpg.f679e325bfa8e3b608ed13b02112e93a.jpg       injectortestrack3.jpg.482617faaf51d12b382499411790f239.jpg

The usual advice is to place the injectors in a large tin, as shown, while you turn over the engine on the starter.    This makes difficult seeing which is spraying and which not.

This tray, made from simply folded alloy sheet, joined with pop- rivets over hematite sealed joints, makes any offender very clear , and leaves the injector tips accessible for pulling on if needed.   Since taking the pics, I've added some legs, so that it can sit over the throttle bodies.

NB only pull on the needle with the finger nails!  Never pliers.

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

If you need to bleed the air from the injector lines, then I find this device useful:

injectortestrack1.jpg.f679e325bfa8e3b608ed13b02112e93a.jpg       injectortestrack3.jpg.482617faaf51d12b382499411790f239.jpg

The usual advice is to place the injectors in a large tin, as shown, while you turn over the engine on the starter.    This makes difficult seeing which is spraying and which not.

This tray, made from simply folded alloy sheet, joined with pop- rivets over hematite sealed joints, makes any offender very clear , and leaves the injector tips accessible for pulling on if needed.   Since taking the pics, I've added some legs, so that it can sit over the throttle bodies.

NB only pull on the needle with the finger nails!  Never pliers.

John

That is neat! Think I will make one for the TR6.

Nigel

Thank you for all the advice, bit of a schoolboy error on my part. When I took the MU out I did not notice the little red plastic drive dog, which dropped onto the floor.

After a lot of head scratching had a look round and there it was on the garage floor. Refitted with the dog drive in place and now the car is running. Need a bit of work on the timing but just grateful it actually runs.