Any (old) car alarm gurus?

1969Mk3Spitfire

In my non-Triumph, I have a Gemel Serpi Star alarm which was fitted 25 years ago. Unsurprisingly, the siren back-up battery is dead.

I’ve tried to split the case but it’s proving difficult. It looks as though the two halves were filled with some form of glue/filler during assembly. I’ve used a screwdriver, a Dremel fine disc and a junior hacksaw. I’ve stopped to ponder, I don’t want to break it, potentially disabling the car in the process.

Ebay sells replacement battery back-up sirens which they claim “universal fit”

Electrickery is not generally within my skill set, hence I’d appreciate any help or advice.

My siren has 4 leads. Positive, Negative, Negative Control and Coded Communication.

Ebay siren has 4 leads but only uses 3. Positive. Negative. Positive Trigger or Negative Trigger.

Can I replace with the eBay siren?

I’ve put my part-butchered siren back in the car and it still works. Here’s a picture. I may have another attempt to part it later……..

3D77400B-509D-4B7D-AC28-E48B9F0B0F3C.jpeg.e41452e224d3cf1187b8c1840c43dafd.jpeg

Sadly, if it is "encapsulated" even if you get it apart, there wont be much you can do. I`ve had several Towing signal devices fail over the years and they always have to be binned as the circuitry is just a solid mass of Resin.

Maybe it`s time to fit a newer system incorporating a Tracker?.

Pete