Glove box material

Nearly There

I am missing the drivers side glove box / parcel tray.  If I were to buy a secondhand one to use as a template, what material do I need to buy in order to create the new one?  And where would I purchase it? Newton commercial don't seem to sell the drivers side one for a right hand drive car.  Anyway, I'd like to do it myself.  Thank you.

I've never seen the particular type of (soft) fibreboard sold as a raw material. Nearest I can bring to mind is a thin millboard (e.g. from  Martrim) but that might be too ridgid as the RH box has to be conformable to sit over the steering column and heater ducting and to be able to fold.

Paddocks have the glove boxes at very reasonable prices - so might be worth considering where time v. effort is concerned.

https://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/parcel-tray-rh-rhd-mk11-111-2

I got the passenger side new from Paddocks, I would describe the materiel as good quality cardboard. Sadly the new one is now 5 years old and warped as badly as the old one. I think I can repair it with bracing pieces, but I like Danny's idea. Here's some clues to templates and material and a guy modifying an old plastic bin!

Material to repair glove box , door panels etc. : Spitfire & GT6 Forum : The Triumph Experience

Glove box / parcel shelf templates? : Spitfire & GT6 Forum : The Triumph Experience

Glove box from trash can! : Spitfire & GT6 Forum : The Triumph Experience

Doug