Dynolite diff oil

Afternoon all,

Just bought a recon diff from Fitchetts and will be fitting it next week hopefully. Browsing ' tinterwebb, I see that Dynolite do a " No Noise EP85W-140 oil. It's GL5 spec but clearly states that its compatible with bronze,copper and brass components. I'm hoping the diff will be quiet anyway, but wondered about filling it with this stuff to give it the best chance of a reasonable lifespan. Anyone tried it?

I use it all the time, bought it from Paddocks when passing by Chester. Seems ok, the diff was quiet before and is still quiet after, but what the long-term effects will be is too early to say otherwise than to hope I don't find out the hard way.

On 01/05/2023 at 16:36, trigolf said:

Afternoon all,

Just bought a recon diff from Fitchetts and will be fitting it next week hopefully. Browsing ' tinterwebb, I see that Dynolite do a " No Noise EP85W-140 oil. It's GL5 spec but clearly states that its compatible with bronze,copper and brass components. I'm hoping the diff will be quiet anyway, but wondered about filling it with this stuff to give it the best chance of a reasonable lifespan. Anyone tried it?

What price are Fitchetts charging for a diff? 

8 hours ago, trigolf said:

For a 3.89 recon, £930.00 ( includes £300.00 surcharge). Could'nt afford new Crw/p. I've only just crawled out from underneath, after wrestling it in. Knackered now!

Thanks, yes I thought that it would be fun to refit when I was dropping mine out.