Herald 1962 Headlight Cowl Fitment

Andy Clark

Can someone advise on how the cowls fit to the headlight. I bought an unfinished project and cannot see how the top of the cowl attaches to the headlamp,l can see 2 cutouts to obviously attach to something but have no idea where. Looking online it looks like there is a dust seal directly behind the cowl and don't seem to have these and where exactly does  the single fixing on the bottom screw into. The bonnet is fibreglass don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Hi Andy, there should be a fixing plate behind the headlamp bowl (item 10 on the attached parts diagram. The cowl hooks over the top of this and stews into the bottom. I might have a couple in the garage if you haven’t got any. If you’re new to Heralds, the Canley Classics website is really useful as it has all the parts diagrams - https://canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-herald-1200&diagram=triumph-herald-1200-headlamps-sidelamps-tail-lamps-and-number-plate-lamps

Brian

IMG_3941.png

IMG_3940.png

Hope you can make this out; it's a screenshot of a blown-up photograph. The black rubber gasket is first then the cowl attachment bracket is screwed to the bonnet by the four self-tappers. You can just make out the two 'lips' one at 11 o'clock and one at 1 o'clock onto which the cowl sits, then the screw screws upwards from underneath through the cowl and into the spire clip on the bottom edge. It'll make sense once you get a pair of the cowl brackets.

Screenshot2023-06-03at12_50_09.png.7afdc1e963cd71300757983bb5c90606.png

3 hours ago, Classicscrap said:

Hi Andy, there should be a fixing plate behind the headlamp bowl (item 10 on the attached parts diagram. The cowl hooks over the top of this and stews into the bottom. I might have a couple in the garage if you haven’t got any. If you’re new to Heralds, the Canley Classics website is really useful as it has all the parts diagrams - https://canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-herald-1200&diagram=triumph-herald-1200-headlamps-sidelamps-tail-lamps-and-number-plate-lamps

Brian

IMG_3941.png

IMG_3940.png

Hi Brian, thanks for the info. I have looked at Rimmers, Canley and Paddocks, all say no longer available. I have found the ones for my car in a box, but both are rusted into 2 pieces and are not salvageable. If you have a pair to sell that would be great.

Andy