GT6 Mk3

Keith Nock

I was looking through the original owners hand book the other day and noticed it was 50 years this week that my GT6 was first registered . By whites of Grimsby as I only Live in Lincoln its about forty miles , so why not find the house of the first owner . Whites went out of business in the 1990's and the hand book gives the address of the first owner , see photo below. any way got there and positioned the car and took a couple of photos , Then a car pulled into the drive so I thought i had better approach and say why I was taking photos of a classic car out side his house. Turned out the current occupier had bought the property six years ago from the estate of my GT6's first owner. image.thumb.jpeg.522b292d890f8ee411759706894843a5.jpeg

IMG_3303.JPG

Edited by Keith Nock
  • Like 1

That's the 3rd owner The second owners address was only 1 1/2 miles away from the first so took a photo there as well don't think i will bother with the 3rd owner in Chelmsford

Regards Keith

image.thumb.jpeg.3e3107bdba25222eb6ffacc3bf9f081d.jpeg

Edited by Keith Nock
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got the address of the previous owner of my Spitfire from the garage when I brought it in the 80s however I have looked but can't find it. So well done nice bit of history. I believe the DVLA does not give out this information any more which is a shame.

Graham

I got the complete ownership history on my 1968 Vitesse some years ago when the DVLA still provided it. The original owner from 1970 (18 months as a demonstrator) had an unusual name and i managed to track him down and wrote to him, he called me and was delighted it was still on the road.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...