Brush on car paints for a chassis

Graham C

Hello

I am currently working on a chassis of a GT6 having removed the engine. I wish to paint in the body colour -  French Blue. So I thought the easiest way would be the band paint it. Does anyone know of a supplier of a suitable brush on paint in body colours?

If not I would have result in attempting to mix paints.

Thanks

Graham

Sorry for butting in but have been following this with interest as intending to self paint  my chassis and tub / bulkhead under floor areas before marrying up.   

My intention would be then to send out for the visible top panels to be painted professionally. Would this Paintman coach enamel be 2 pack compatible.? for areas where the paint systems overlapped.?

Thanks Fungus

I have used disgusted two pack before and agree it is very tough. I have now gone with paint master, ordered one day, mixed the next and deliveries the following day. I have painted two test areas, impressed with coverage. Colour maybe a bit too blue but appears close for chassis. 

Brushes can be cleaned in white spirit.

Will try to post pictures later.

Graham

In answer to a previous query.   Contacted Paintman but there enamel is not 2 pack compatible and so i cant use on the underside of the floor as it will react when the finishing coats overlap. 

Oh well. 

Will be following to see how you get on.

• Like 1

Hello

I have rubbed down, then cleaned with their cleaner. Used a small brush and painted. Pleased with the application of the paint. I brought 2 litre but only need 1 litre.  Was not to sure how thick it applied actually it is like gloss paint.

Working on one side of the chassis then I'll switch to the other side.

The previous owner had painted the chassis in black on the top and sides, but not the underneath. 

The colour as I said is a bit too blue, however the car has not been painted in the current French blue, a bit too purple and the car is quite dusty. So the picture of the roof is not a true indication.

I have to spray the bulk head and will be using TSSC paint so hopefully will give a better indication of the colour.Graham

May apply a second coat in a few days time once it has fully hardened.

Graham

IMG_20230708_163510.jpg

IMG_20230708_163416.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all

An update, I have used aerosol paints supplied from the club for the bulk head and pictures attached. Very impressed by the Tssc paint actually with discount works out similar to Other commercial paints from main retailers.

The paint supplied by Paintmaster appears get close to the Tssc paint so impressed.

The pictures where taken under LED lights, when completed will take pictures in daylight. At present impressed with paints supplied.

Graham

IMG_20230713_224229.jpg

IMG_20230713_224238.jpg

• Like 1