Another low mileage one listed on E-Bay

Gary Flinn

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

and if still a 1600 has the advantage of the twin strombergs for +12bhp

Pete

It's a 2 Litre one Pete, one owner for 50 years so the Advert reads with the original bill of sale.

Its a 400 mile round trip to view it though and a bank holiday weekend coming up, do I really want to get stuck in a jam on the M1?

I'll sleep on it

Gary 

Edited by Gary Flinn

5 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

I'm beginning to think so, another full day out and back if I want to view this one, I have asked for more Photo's of the Underside, Interior, Etc but as yet no response

I've messaged three sellers in the last three weeks, no reply from any of them. I'm not sure about eBay's current 'message seller' routine where you have to supply your postcode, phone number etc before the message will go through, seems very open to scammers? (I don't mean scammers messaging the seller, i mean having to list all your own info before the message will go?) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I've messaged three sellers in the last three weeks, no reply from any of them. I'm not sure about eBay's current 'message seller' routine where you have to supply your postcode, phone number etc before the message will go through, seems very open to scammers? (I don't mean scammers messaging the seller, i mean having to list all your own info before the message will go?) 

I did get one garbled reply back, I asked if they could send me more photo's of the underside/chassis, the interior, the Dashboard and the Boot area.

The reply was brief stating its just got 12 Months M.O.T. So the Chassis is fine!

I suspect the vendor won't take the time to send me any more photo's so its either bite the bullet and travel there and back in a day or pay for an overnight stay and take her indoors for a mini-break looking around Canterbury on the Monday?

Someone I know who owns a Vitesse and lives within 20 Miles as offered to have a look for me so that's another option, if he reckons its a good one and worth viewing then I could travel down on the Sunday to view it  

The trouble is I will have to travel the 200+ miles back on a Bank Holiday afternoon/evening and that fills me full of dread!!   😲

Edited by Gary Flinn