Vitesse MK2 Convertible - YPE 595G

Gary Flinn

I wondered if anyone knows any history on this car?

I'm considering purchasing it but I'm put off by a couple of things, one is the lack of any history prior to 2001 and no Over-drive fitted

I'm looking to get another Vitesse as a keeper and would prefer a one owner (Are there any left?) or long term ownership original spec car

The other option is a fully restored car, which this was during the early Noughties to an excellent standard by the looks of it, the car is in very good condition still bar a few issues with the doors and some other minor points with the interior

If you do a search on the Registration number it looks like it won car of the show at the 2009 Saltburn Classic vehicle show.

Can anyone add to the above with regards to its history

Gary 

YPE 595G.jpg

You can go via DVLA and get copies of the previous owners and dates for around £5.00(2019) !  The only problem with my 1966 Vitesse 1600/6 was that they had a fire(Maidstone/London Area)  and from 1966 to 1969 the documents/history was lost!  My car had been off the road since 1985 and I purchased it in 1998! (Still off road, Ground up Restoration)?

• Like 1

Just now, martyn wright said:

You can go via DVLA and get copies of the previous owners and dates for around £5.00(2019) !  The only problem with my 1966 Vitesse 1600/6 was that they had a fire(Maidstone/London Area)  and from 1966 to 1969 the documents/history was lost!  My car had been off the road since 1985 and I purchased it in 1998! (Still off road, Ground up Restoration)?

Martyn

You can't do this any more due to Data Protection, they wouldn't let me trace previous owners of my last classic for this reason when I tried🙁

Gary

On 30/11/2023 at 10:03, martyn wright said:

Hi Gary!  Hope you are well!  I managed to get all the 6 x Previous Owners on copies of the, then v5s, what a bummer!  Completely forgot about Data P??  Cheers

Martyn

I'm ok thanks, hope you are too, alas this is no longer allowed.

Yes, a previous owner of my Old Vitesse had done the same in the late 1990's, although some of the Photocopies were very poor quality and hard to read, I did write to the first owner but got a reply back from the current occupants stating they no longer lived at that address.

Regards

Gary

Edited by Gary Flinn

It is a shame this is no longer allowed, can`t think what implications this has for data protection tracing old owners.

I did this back in the 90`s and managed to find the first owner of my Vitesse from 1970 living in Shropshire. I found him because he had an unusual name.

I wrote to him politely asking if he was connected to the car and he phoned me shortly after confirming it was his. We spoke for about an hour and he was delighted to know it was still on the road, his wife even asked to buy it back.

S

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...