Polished Inlet Manifold (Post made some time ago)

AidanT

Hi all,

Some time ago (years) i saw a post from someone that had been able to polish up the Inlet manifold which looked really good. As my manifold is now off the car I would like to do the same. I'd like to ask some general questions on how it was so well done.

Grateful if that contributor or anyone who has achieved this, could let me know how please?

Thx

Aidan

probably best with a dremmel type of grinder/polisher   

keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi middle isles for their version all very good and far cheaper 

but the general idea is to smooth out any sharp casting edges as a starting point 

and making sure mating faces all ports align without a sharp joint

some say (not the Stig)  having the upsets aids mixture distribution 

Pete

Do you mean polish the exterior to make it look nice and shiny or polish the inside to aid airflow? If the exterior then just a progressively finer abrasive and finally metal polish, interior as Pete says

Edited by DanMi

19 minutes ago, DanMi said:

Do you mean polish the exterior to make it look nice and shiny or polish the inside to aid airflow? If the exterior then just a progressively finer abrasive and finally metal polish, interior as Pete says

Just the exterior

thx

Hi Pete,

There was definitely a post on here somewhere - probably two or three years ago and I just cannot find it. The member had polished the exterior so it almost looked like chrome! I did have a conversation with them but now am unable to find it.

i'm hoping whoever did the post will come back to this! I

Aidan

5 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

a spray of chrome paint might be a easier idea !!

do have some chrome paint, but I'm not so sure how long that would last with the heat of the block - its not high temp paint

Aidan