Touch up paint

trigolf

Hi

I bought a can of Damson, a few weeks back. it does not state on the can exactly what the composition is. But it does smell somewhat like celly, and standard thinner will remove any overspray. I have sprayed on top of the existing paint, in places (rear Valance) and so far not noticed any adverse reaction?.

Pete

Edited by PeteH

Thanks Pete. 

I'm making a white metal kit of a Vitesse and have used standard aerosol Halfords primer paint. I now want to top coat it the correct Triumph White 19. I don't want to risk cellulose attacking the acrylic primer...🤔

Hi Gav

I have an aerosol white 19 supplied by the club shop. The club shop labelling describes it as 'celly', but there is nothing on the actual can.

The can of Halfords grey primer I have, describes it as acrylic and that it is 'compatible with virtually all types of automotive finishes including cellulose'.

I have used the white 19 topcoat over the Halfords primer without any issues.

Ian

Edited by Ian Foster

Hi Gav

Colour match is really pretty good. I use it to touch in chips on the car which was painted by STS in 2 pack.

Clutch project is finished and feels pretty good, light, smooth and with a nice easy bite point. I even taught myself how to make s/s braided lines for the remote bleed.

I  have only driven the car a few miles as the tunnel is still out and the next job is to get the interior re-installed. My favorite job...not!

Ian