Vented oil filler cap

Ian Cooper

The rubber diaphragm/seal in my vented filler cap (GT6 Mk2) has hardened and I was looking to buy a replacement but the usual suppliers seem to only offer unvented caps. Apart from the fact that it won't look correct is there a problem with fitting an unvented cap? Or does anyone know of a supplier for an original vented cap please?

Thanks Ian

17 hours ago, Ian Cooper said:

The rubber diaphragm/seal in my vented filler cap (GT6 Mk2) has hardened and I was looking to buy a replacement but the usual suppliers seem to only offer unvented caps. Apart from the fact that it won't look correct is there a problem with fitting an unvented cap? Or does anyone know of a supplier for an original vented cap please?

Thanks Ian

Is it even a rubber seal? I seem to remember its just a hard bit of something as because the caps vented an air tight seal isnt necessary.

I certainly would keep it vented as it works in tandem with the PCR valve to correctly draw of fumes to the intake manifold...

52 minutes ago, rlubikey said:

I think I'm right in saying that all the after-market alloy rocker cover caps have a completely different bayonet fitting to the original steel ones.

Cheers, Richard

Very good point Richard. Never thought of that! You're probably correct.

• Like 1