GT6 Mk III Panels

Blakes73

Hello all,

Hopefully this won't have everyone rolling about laughing but is there anywhere you can still get hold of the front roof repair panels and seam cover panel, or has anyone got a cut or an old shell to cut from?

Regards~

The seam cover should be DIY-able (two strips of steel, tack either side of the seam, weld the corner, careful grinding / dressing). Don’t expect you'd be able to salvage that part from a donor. How bad is the roof? 

Worth asking the usual suspect breakers (Spitfire Graveyard, Spitbitz) for a donor, even if they’ve only got a section less bad than yours it might help.

14 hours ago, Josef said:

The seam cover should be DIY-able (two strips of steel, tack either side of the seam, weld the corner, careful grinding / dressing). Don’t expect you'd be able to salvage that part from a donor. How bad is the roof? 

Worth asking the usual suspect breakers (Spitfire Graveyard, Spitbitz) for a donor, even if they’ve only got a section less bad than yours it might help.

Yeah, I'd considered that. The roof isn't too bad and I could probably get away with localised repairs. Its more where it transitions to the rainwater gutter at the top of the A Post/window screen frame. Full to the brim of bodge and no doubt hides a mess when I get around to grinding it off.

• Like 1