How to tell the difference between 3.27 diffs for models up to KE/KF200000 and then from KE/KF200001

could be the gearbox mount. Had this on my herald with OD, the rear mount started to go soft and the gearbox moved slightly allowing the prop to hit the body, usually going fast round corner or using lots of torque.

If the diff bushing has been changed then the prop alignment might have changed slightly allowing the prop to touch the body.

mike

Gents, once again thank you for all your suggestions. It turns out to be the following:

The new leaf spring has unfolded a bit (At the passenger side) where the curly bit folds back on itself and hooks underneath the spring. This has happened post fitting when the spring came under tension. The bit that unfolded then catches on to of the rotoflex donut when turning hard left or when shifting down when coming out of a dip in the road to accelerate uphill (hence the rear drops a bit).

The suggested solution is to grind 1 to 2" inches off of the spring (The bit that has unfolded). Hopefully this solves the issue and gives the clearance needed.

PQMY5270.JPG

6 hours ago, NDP said:

Gents, once again thank you for all your suggestions. It turns out to be the following:

The new leaf spring has unfolded a bit (At the passenger side) where the curly bit folds back on itself and hooks underneath the spring. This has happened post fitting when the spring came under tension. The bit that unfolded then catches on to of the rotoflex donut when turning hard left or when shifting down when coming out of a dip in the road to accelerate uphill (hence the rear drops a bit).

The suggested solution is to grind 1 to 2" inches off of the spring (The bit that has unfolded). Hopefully this solves the issue and gives the clearance needed.

Glad you found the problem which is an unusual and potentially slightly worrying in that it makes you wonder if the tempering of the spring has been done correctly. This process of getting the balance between brittle and soft is quite difficult and Im not sure it even needs to be the same along the entire length of the spring but I dont think parts should start to change shape later under use. Might be worth talking to the supplier...

I had that problem on my GT6 way back; the spring eye actually compressed the brake wheel cylinder downwards. This was because I'd used a Spitfire 1500 rear spring from a swing-spring car rather than the proper GT6 version, which I was eventually able to find new and which showed the reason why! Thinner leafs, and a tighter eye.

DSCF2141.JPG.56acc848090b5d0bde08c1fe77b936cc.JPG