Tunnel cover sound deadening -- glue??

Hi, 

Can anyone recommend a suitable glue to restick the sound deadening back to the underside of the gearbox tunnel cover. I have Evo - Stick spray but I seem to recall using this on it before and now it's come adrift again.

Many thanks,

Mike.

36 minutes ago, jagnut66 said:

Hi, 

Can anyone recommend a suitable glue to restick the sound deadening back to the underside of the gearbox tunnel cover. I have Evo - Stick spray but I seem to recall using this on it before and now it's come adrift again.

Many thanks,

Mike.

Can’t you reheat with hot gun to reseal . That’s what I did with mine , assuming it’d got a bitumen type backing 

Paul

10 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

A good all-rounder is Trim-Fix Adhesive. Bonds very well and needs ony 30 -60 seconds to tack  off before the two surfaces are brought together. Not re-positionable though - so have to get the placement right first time.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.83b05acdad6cc6508d2eec0adb32a701.jpg

11 hours ago, Paul H said:

assuming it’d got a bitumen type backing 

Hi Paul, 

I've not seen any evidence of one. what would it appear like?

What I have is contained within a 'shaped to fit' plastic 'bag'.*** 

1 hour ago, chrishawley said:

A good all-rounder is Trim-Fix Adhesive. Bonds very well and needs ony 30 -60 seconds to tack  off before the two surfaces are brought together. Not re-positionable though - so have to get the placement right first time.

Thanks for this Chris, looks handy to have around (for various jobs), so I'll get a can.

In the meanwhile I have positioned the sound deadening on top of the gearbox and put the tunnel cover back on. It seems to sit very nicely in place*** and, from underneath the car, doesn't seem like it would go anywhere. I may try it like this and see.

Best wishes,

Mike.

12 hours ago, Paul H said:

Can’t you reheat with hot gun to reseal . That’s what I did with mine , assuming it’d got a bitumen type backing 

Paul

Silentcoat is what I used , heat with heat gun , easy to mould . I used a wallpaper roller to go into contours https://www.google.com/search?q=silent+coat+4mm&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB590GB590&oq=silentcoat&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCQgDEAAYChiABDIGCAAQRRg5Mg8IARAuGAoYrwEYxwEYgAQyCQgCEAAYChiABDIJCAMQABgKGIAEMgkIBBAAGAoYgAQyCQgFEAAYChiABDIJCAYQABgKGIAEMgkIBxAAGAoYgAQyCQgIEAAYChiABNIBCDk1MDRqMGo0qAIBsAIB&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Paul 

2 hours ago, Paul H said:

Silentcoat is what I used

Thanks Paul, that would be a good thing to add to the underside of the tunnel when its next off.

Best wishes,

Mike.