Need new door

Dave the tram

Been away for a while but my daily used mk3 is still plodding on here in Derbyshire. One day it could do with a respray but while the car is virtually rust free, the passenger door is disintegrating and looks beyond repair. Frame bottom is rotten, so a new skin might not be enough and corresponding line of rust on outside. Have advertised for second hand door, but is mk3 unique or well other model do? Otherwise any ideas for repair options? Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Doug

Mine is a late mk 3 Gt6, non rotoflex that I need a passenger side door for. However, I have local bodywork expert here in Bamford who has done good work before and says it's easily repairable so might take that option. Especially as I now see that you can get not only the skin but a repair section for the door bottom (rimmers).

Cheers

Dave

Ok, that's useful to know. Hmm, what to spend the money on - door or engine. It has to be engine as the door is doing the job of a door still and can just hang there a bit longer. It's not as if it's going to infect the rest of the car!

Cheers

Dave