Rimmer's Customer Service - Praise

Unkel Kunkel

Goods ‘ failed to arrive’

‘ Amazon ‘ courier tracking claimed  that the goods had left some hub in the midlands at 11. something in the morning and  had ‘ been delivered’  (same day  )  at   ‘ O3.45 pm ‘ to me .

Considering where I live ( in the IoM) that certainly would have been a remarkable achievement  - if it only it was true!

Left it  a few days.

Rang Rimmer's around midday.

Within a very short time, I was having a pleasant conversation with a very sensible and helpful lady who promised  that if that if they hadn’t sorted it out with the courier by 4.00pm that day , they would undertake to despatch replacement items to me  via Royal Mail. 

-Later that day, shortly   after 5.00 pm I received  an email from Rimmers saying replacements had been  despatched via Ist class Royal Mail.

- Also a credit note for the amount of the items.

Today received the items.

Impressed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve P said:

Maybe the Amazon driver got lost in the TT crowds, I`m jealous.

S

Despite the problems with weather at times , 2024 is proving a  great TT.

it certainly does get crowded after races - it has taken me just under 2 hours to get home …

I complained about poorly fitting inner arch panels a few months ago, the chap went down to the stores pulled out 5 & sent me the best one to replace mine.

Still a poor fit but loads better, next day delivery & he told me to keep the first one to use for patches etc.

Badly made panels but excellent customer service !

I don't buy from Amazon for a variety of reasons, and when a Rimmer's order arrived by one of their vans I queried it. They said they use a variety of bizarre couriers, but if I want them to send by Royal Mail just add it to the order notes. Very helpful.

Posted (edited)

Not always so easy!

I was having phone conversation with a supplier some years ago who seemed reluctant to send an item ‘ offshore’ but reassured me I could  pick it up from any one  of their numerous UK depots.

They suggested  Southhampton might be ‘ convenient ‘

It suddenly became clear  that for this person,  the Isle of Wight and the Isle of Man were somehow, strangely one of the same place, and my confidence  about knowing where  I had lived for most of my life was misplaced…

I  suggested I just pay  extra carriage and for them despatch it.

I spelt out the address slowly and phonetically.

It arrived!

- And with my correct address- but to make allowance for my geographical delusions they had  also written     ‘ Isle of White’   underneath in big letters  (  ..yes  ‘ white ‘  ) 

Edited by Unkel Kunkel

• 1 month later...

An unexpected late development in this saga

My original order ( despatched by Rimmer's on 28 May)  has arrived….

18750E29-621E-4069-8ED9-F029249040E6.thumb.jpeg.6f97d749f88f9613e8551fb3491a4880.jpeg

Its progress seems to have been speeded by someones  helpful geographical note….

42B83BED-C65D-495F-A087-838766DE56B5.thumb.jpeg.e1cad8dd7b0d0653ae723f926dab9729.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

incredibly,  yet another package from Rimmers has just gone missing !

It says it has been delivered - but not to me!

04FF1A55-63F2-4B5A-B645-46E848F01F09.thumb.jpeg.1e45751af2092a84bc8f0caf3ea09fff.jpeg

It isn’t Rimmers fault- thankfully , Emily from Rimmer’s has been immediately on the case and has discovered that my package has been delivered by Amazon  to the wrong address :

- incredibly… Sutton Coldfield, again!

Emily  has undertaken to send a new item f.o.c and ensure that future items for me will be sent via Royal mail…

What is it about Sutton Coldfield ?

It is about as far in land as you can get

- quite a way from IoM here in the middle of the Irish Sea!

458B36A8-BFE3-4B11-8844-AD8D0901E948.thumb.jpeg.2b21f10610e799d89afb749a248867c1.jpeg

Edited by Unkel Kunkel

On 31/07/2024 at 09:59, JohnD said:

Unkel,

There is a "Ramsey Road" in Ashted, north west Birmingham.  Ask Google Maps to show you.

Was that where Amazon were sending it?

John

It seems they ignore most of the address - and the post code, but instead focused on the house number and  two words in the address - the road name.

The obvious snag with that is that  are many of  the same dotted around Britain.

On that basis it could end up at any one of them.However, some reason the one in Sutton Coldfield is the chosen one - twice!

I know that address now - I even have a picture of the porch where it has been left.

it’s not my address and not my porch- I don’t even have a porch…33EDDE40-3567-44A0-8AF8-9B98684B001C.thumb.jpeg.224083ad0a57d1afd4f82d2e13dfc01b.jpeg

I have to reiterate - Emily at Rimmer's has been brilliant.

Customer  service of rare quality.

Not only easily contactable, good humoured, sensible and efficient.Each time a replacement has been immediately sent out by Royal Mail f.oc. 

Additionally, a credit note for each item and when the original item arrived,my offer to pay for the extra item acquired it was politely refused on the basis of goodwill and customer service.

Glad to hear in a sorry world!

I'd add Machine Mart to the List.   I bought my air compressor from them about twenty years ago, and recently it developed an gross air leak from the pressure switch block.    Their products have changed with time, but what they have now was easily fitted with their telephone advice and an adaptor.     I then bought a small oil can, the sort with a lever on the outside and a piston within, to squirt small quantities precisely.    It arrived and was completely non-functional!    I told MM (they publish their various contact numbers on the back of the invoice), and they just sent me another, which is works well.    They weren't interested in the faulty one, and I haven't bothered to take it apart, so it goes in the recycling.   But I shall be a repeat customer!