KYK711D Vitesse 1600/6 Fuel Gauge not working

Hi!  Just received my New Tank Sender unit but cannot find the 6 hole cork gasket?  But on checking the bottom of the box found a rubber one!  Do I still need a Cork one as well?  Also this Sender 213411 has 3 x connectors and my old unit x2?

Cheers Martyn 

17242296428683022040738299336975.jpg

Hi!  Just received my New Tank Sender unit but cannot find the 6 hole cork gasket?  But on checking the bottom of the box found a rubber one!  Do I still need a Cork one as well?  Also this Sender 213411 has 3 x connectors and my old unit x2?

Cheers Martyn 

The later stabilised system used 10v not 12v like yours plus a different type of gauge so the resistance of the senders is different. I was surprised to see somebody making new non stabilised senders as I think the demand is miniscule☹️ I would speak to Canleys before doing anything more....

The pic above is the one I have ordered fm td fitchitt,  but! Mine only has the 2 x wire connections and not the centre one?  There is one on ebay for £55 Traditional old motor spares 213411 part no?  Which is exactly the same on my tank?? So I don't know??

The one from tdf is the correct one ft3331  that's the one I ordered!  £60+ 7.80 postage. But the one 213411 from Canley I have sent back!  The other was Traditional old motors is the one I have on my car? But is labelled as code 213411?? At £55  I was just questioning the last one!

This is from the very good online article on Smiths gauges and as you can see for moving iron gauges its FT while the Traditional Old Motors one for sale is a TB. Like so many things in life it doesnt matter what they look like its whats inside that counts....

image.png.ec14a3c5ba1953b35074e73af1f0e82b.png

5 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

there are only two terminals you need  earth and sender wire  any third terminal will be for a low fuel warning lamp which you dont have 

unless you wish to add one 

Pete

yes or it could even be an alternative earth terminal for cars with only ring terminals on their connecting cables as shown in the WSM....

image.png.e92854222c04181111402e0a52241a70.png

Hi!  I spent an hour or two pumping 4 gallons manually from my tank, so I could I could remove my Sender unit!  I had the Sender so before I tested the Sender by turning it upside down to show Full?  On the guage it showed it was working Full!

Next I had remembered (whilst dreaming last night) that I still had the old unit?  On testing the unit the same way this also showed Full? Right! I took the old unit out popped the secondhand unit in to stop any fumes!  I then proceeded to test the one that I was told is not working and that started to make is way on the gauge to Full??  I did put a new gauge on a few weeks ago? So it was a possibility that the one I had taken off 2/3 years ago was intact and originally working! But why is the one I just took out now working? And which one do I put back on? The New Sender or one of the two old Senders! Confused!