Vitesse 2 liter - cooling (and fuel) setup for extreme heat with no overheating

James H

10 hours ago, Chris A said:

E5 98, damn the expense 😃

Thanks, I was doing the same until I learnt many people on here are successfully using E5 95 very economically with over advanced timing, just wanted to test it out but discovered its already a thing of the past where I am...

It would seem policies that might be national abroad vary by department in France, another example being purchase tax on EVs or Hybrids, for example for me in the Vaucluse its fully subsidised whereas if I lived just over the river in the Bouches-du-Rhone its high.

Another reason to move further north 😃

4 minutes ago, johny said:

Watch out for fuel hoses and carb diaphragms

Phew I was hoping you'd suggest that as the only potential issue as I renewed every hose when doing the fuel line routing and the pump is a modern electric, is there evidence of carb diaphragms failing as a result ?

Oh well fingers crossed then and there I was joking about running a test mule in a past post, here I am doing it 😃

7 minutes ago, johny said:

There have been problems with diaphragm quality but the jury is still out on the effects of E10 on them so we need test mules👍

For anyone wanting to monitor it do you know in what way it can attack rubber, does it dry it out causing it to perish or does it melt/dissolve it away ?

After all its not the end of the world to occasionally pop the tops of the carbs to inspect... especially as it seems I've found myself in an "EV department" with possibly even the end of SP98 being imminent !

Edited by James H

My experience recently, although difficult to attribute directly to ethanol, was with admittedly old twin layer reinforced fuel hose where the outside looked perfect but the inner had degraded. Everytime you flexed the pipe the inner would split, it had gone slightly harder than the outside and crumbled when crushed☹️