Leak in old age.

68vitesse

Not sure if this should be under cooling or fuel, manifold, noticed a weep around the heater banjo connection to the manifold but don't feel tightening is an option as the banjo bolt usually freezes in the manifold. Definitely not the hoses and was thinking of rad weld of some sort as a remedy but why should it leak after all these years unless the bolt has corroded and the head is starting to separate frome the body.

Regards

Paul.

IMG_2024-10-26-13-03-47-570.jpg

Yes almost certainly wont tighten up and more likely to sheer as bolt is hollow with side holes😮 Believe theres gaskets either side of the banjo so probably deteriorated and starting to leak?

Radweld might do it if small leak but definitely dont use the heavy duty fibre stuff (is it still available?) as it can settle out in all sorts of undesireable places....

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

i changed the leaky one on my 2000    and with trepidation gave the banjo bolt a tug and it uncrewed with fingers 

what a surprise 

Pete

Lucky for some, some sites indicate thread as 1/2 BSP, will check what taps l have and try not to repair it to destruction.

Do you think dowty washers would be a good idea on refitting if l manage to remove the bolt?.

3 hours ago, AidanT said:

Had to do mine. It wasn't easy though. Fitchetts did do exchanges but had no stock when I needed, only had saloon manifolds.

20240120_150913.jpg

A very neat job.

Regards

Paul.

Edited by 68vitesse