Herald convertible project. What should I pay ?

Andelise

Hi all I andy . New to this site . I'm looking at buying a triumph herold convertible. It has been stripped . All parts kept. The chassis has been sand blasted and galvanised, the body has been sandblasted and put in primer, it is in not bad condition rust wise. Just pin holes here and there. Engine and gearbox is present, I'm looking to purchase this however I have not been given a price but to make a sensible offer .can anybody help with what this is actually worth as it is or just an idea, on the downside there is an engine number however no registration plate or v5, they had them with the car but can no longer find them as the car was stripped seven years ago, any help would be much appreciated thank you. I have one photo however unsure how to post it up

post-1718-0-92214200-1459514018_thumb.jpg

Oh, yes, I missed the V5 thing.

As long as the commission number is there you should be OK.

An ali plate, about the size of a credit card. You are looking for a number beginning G********CV

Without it, life would be very difficult...

Ok grate. Well I didn't find any chassis plate . Reg or v5 to go with the car. So I made an offer of £150 to keep for spears. Also what I could see of the car want to bad but there is a lot more rust than there looks . They agreed to the off and I'm collecting it today . ???? and to be fair to them I said I'd double it if they find any or the registration info.

Now you have plenty of bits, so you can buy another herald that is poorly and rebuild it with a mixture of parts. 

You got it for a good price too, especially as the blasting will have found all the rust, and means you won't be spending days getting old paint and filler off.

Well done.

Yes a lot of parts , a good solid chassis. Engine and box are really good to . And on the up side the seats are in mint condition. O yes I hand a beetle once and took the paint off by hand . Never again. So now the hunt begins again haha. One will term up soon enough I'm sore .